Friday was an historic day and we unquestionably face a period of uncertainty while the UK’s revised relationship with the EU is determined. It is important that businesses carefully and calmly consider the potential implications on their operations and prepare for all risks and opportunities.
Please visit our dedicated EU referendum webpage.
It contains helpful articles designed to help your thinking as your business responds to our changed environment, including a webinar recording from Friday morning summarising the immediate response, articles on best practice and industry perspectives, amongst many other articles. I would draw your attention to ‘Are you Brexit Ready?’ which makes useful reading.
The webinar in particular emphasised the need for business to:
- Manage any immediate financial risks
- Prioritise communications to their people, investors and markets
- Make the time for detailed and considered planning to shape their business for the future
Our key recommendations are:
- Set up a taskforce to manage communication and the programme response if you haven’t already
- Establish a Brexit Lab or similar and use scenarios and war-gaming to identify opportunities and risks, and broaden and deepen your preparations to date
- Reset strategy, finances and operations for the future, developing a detailed response/contingency plan to help navigate through the uncertainties ahead.
The Brexit-focused services we can assist with includes:
- Helping to establish a cross-business Task Force and Management Office
- Setting up a “Brexit Lab” environment, using digital sharing tools such as ThinkTank, advanced scenario building capability and war-gaming techniques
- Through this, supporting in developing business understanding of the opportunities and the risks that are faced
- Helping prioritise key actions and decision points, and consider how business might want to influence the wider re-negotiation process
- Helping develop flexible, adaptable contingency or response plans
- Helping to address any immediate risks and challenges
Our EU referendum webpage will be regularly updated to help you in your deliberations for your business.
Please do contact me if you would like to discuss any of the above.